8:30 // 11.25.16

Just like long letters, I treasure sticky notes. They are small and they stick to any dry surface, so you can always take them with you and move them where you want them to be. You can place them anywhere: inside your journal, notebook, on the back of your phone, on your laptop, stick it on the mirror, on the wall..
.
The thing about sticky notes is you can write anything you want and you can discard them right away if you don't like it. Once you've given the note to a person, it became their property and they can keep it, stick it anywhere, or throw it away. You are allowed to forget what you've written. You can write love notes, stick them on someone's book, inside the bag, in a letter, on the box of their favorite chocolate, on the cup of coffee..
.
What I'm trying to tell you is you can never understand how a simple note could made someone's day, or even save someone's life. People (especially the lonely and those who doubt themselves) need to know every once in a while that they matter and loved. By sending them love notes or just a simple reminder like this one you could help them remember that they are loved.

xxx

I took this note from a letter and put it on the wall in front of my bed so I can read it as soon as I wake up, starting my day with a positive thought. When I'm in doubt, I read this over and over until the words etched themselves at the back of my lids, filled the hollowness inside, till my heart and brain believe that I matter.. I read until the doubt is gone. At least for the day.

It is one small example of how sticky notes keep me up when I'm about to fall down. I'm not expecting you to read until the end of this post, but if you do, thank you for staying and reading this shit caption, and please write messages on sticky notes and give them to people who you think deserve them. (Or you can write me one, if you want to)

Comments

Popular Posts